Result of AGM
RNS & Investor News
Final Results and Notice of AGM
25 April 2017
OptiBiotix Health plc (AIM: OPTI), a life sciences business developing compounds to tackle obesity, high cholesterol and diabetes, announces its audited results for the year ended 30 November 2016.
The Company has made significant progress during this period, with early revenues and a promising development pipeline.
These Results are available in PDF format.
To download please click here
Notice of Annual General Meeting
to be held on 15 June 2017
Proxy for use at the Annual General Meeting
to be held on 15 June 2017
- Successful fundraising of £1m from the placing of 1,282,051 new ordinary shares at 78p
- A substantive increase in IP portfolio which now covers 50 patents across 15 families, 8 strain registrations, and 16 trademarks
- Joint venture agreement with the University of Manchester in skin health, creating a majority owned SkinBiotix Ltd (renamed SkinBiotherapeutics plc)
- Key commercial agreements signed with KSF Acquisition UK (Slimfast) and Royal DSM (leading supplier of nutritional ingredients)
- Successful launch and sales of Slimbiome® in GoFigure® shakes and bars; Creation of majority owned joint venture agreement with The Healthy Weight Loss Company
- A significant scientific breakthrough in demonstrating the ability to change the microbiome in a very targeted way, and enhance a health benefit, in the case of our own cholesterol reducing strain LPLDL, leading to a threefold increase in the strains ability to lower cholesterol
Post-period end highlights
- Joint product agreement signed with Tata Chemicals Ltd
- Key Board positions made, with the appointments of a Commercial Director and a Sales & Marketing Director
- The successful admission of its majority owned subsidiary, SkinBiotherapeutics plc, to AIM in April 2017
- European manufacturing, supply and profit sharing agreement with Sacco S.r.l.
Stephen O'Hara, CEO of OptiBiotix, commented: "OptiBiotix has made significant progress in the last year in building the infrastructure and team to support the transition from a technology company, to a product company, with early revenues and a developing pipeline of products across all its platforms. We are delighted with the excellent reviews following the launch of GoFigure® products containing our SlimBiome® formulation. This has led to a growing customer base, early sales, and attracted interest from Tata Chemicals Ltd in developing products for the Asian market. We hope to build on this early success with the launch of our LPLDL® cholesterol reducing product in May of this year. Finally, we are pleased with the successful admission of SkinBiotherapeutics plc to AIM in April 2017, representing a substantial return on our initial investment. I would like to thank our investors for their support, and look forward to an exciting and rewarding 2017."
This announcement contains information which, prior to its disclosure, was considered inside information for the purposes of Article 7 of Regulation (EU) No 596/2014 (MAR).
For further information, please contact:
|OptiBiotix Health Plc
Stephen O'Hara, Chief Executive
Contact via Walbrook below
|Cairn Financial Advisers LLP (NOMAD)
Liam Murray / Jo Turner
|Tel: 020 7213 0880|
Adrian Hargrave / Scott Mathieson / Kate Bannatyne (Corporate Finance)
Tony Quirke (Corporate Broking)
|Tel: 020 7220 0500|
|Walbrook PR Ltd
|Tel: 020 7933 8780 or [email protected]
Mob: 07876 741 001
About OptiBiotix - www.optibiotix.com
OptiBiotix was formed in March 2012 to develop compounds which modify the human microbiome - the collective genome of the microbes in the body - to prevent and manage human disease.
The aim of OptiBiotix is to discover and develop microbial strains, compounds and formulations, which modulate the human microbiome and can be used as food ingredients and supplements or active compounds for the prevention and management of human metabolic diseases, examples of which include obesity, cholesterol and lipid distribution and diabetes.
OptiBiotix has established a pipeline of microbiome modulators that can impact on lipid and cholesterol management, energy harvest and appetite suppression. The development pipeline is fuelled by its proprietary OptiScreen® and OptiBiotic® platform technologies designed to identify metabolic pathways and compounds that impact on human physiology and bring potential health benefits. These platforms are applicable across a wider range of other human diseases.
OptiBiotix Health secures significant exclusive licence agreement for OptiBiome
Stephen O'Hara | 01 Apr 2020