Result of AGM
RNS & Investor News
Final Results for the year ended 30 November 2014 and Notice of AGM
29 May 2015
OptiBiotix Health plc (AIM: OPTI), a Life Sciences business developing compounds to tackle obesity, high cholesterol and diabetes, announces its audited results for the year ended 30 November 2014.
The Company was admitted to AIM in August 2014 following the successful acquisition of OptiBiotix Limited and was re-named OptiBiotix Health plc. The accounts reflect the four months of trading activity following acquisition to 30 November 2014.
These Results are available in PDF format.
To download please click here
- Successful completion of preclinical studies for the group's cholesterol lowering product
- Contract signed with Reading University for clinical studies of its first product: a capsular food supplement to reduce cholesterol
- The development of a weight management yoghurt product with Nizo Food Research
- Strengthening of its science base internally with the appointment of Dr Sofia Kolida as director of Research and Development and the leasing of laboratories at the Science and Technology Centre at Reading University
- Strengthening of the external scientific base with the establishment of a Scientific Advisory Group with an international panel of key opinion leaders
- Strengthening of the Board with the appointment of Dr Gareth Barker as Non-Executive Director
- Successful raise of £3.3m (before expenses) by way of a placing at a price of 8p per share for admission to AIM in August 2014
- Strong share price performance to date
- Cash position remains strong with £2.87m
Post-period end highlights
- Commencement of human studies for the cholesterol lowering product with results due in September 2015
- Joint venture agreement for the weight management yoghurt product signed with NIP B.V., a wholly owned subsidiary of Nizo Food Research
- Increased commercial capacity and capability through the appointment of Jim Laird as Commercial Director to the Board
- IP portfolio strengthened by filing of an additional four patents; bringing the total nine
- Optimisation of the OptiBiotix® sugar discovery platform
Stephen O'Hara, CEO of OptiBiotix commented: “I am delighted with the strong progress OptiBiotix has made since joining AIM in August 2014. In a short space of time we have built operational capability, progressed our development programmes, built on our IP portfolio, and created multiple product and partnering opportunities. I would like to thank our investors for their support in 2014, and look forward to an exciting and rewarding 2015”.
For further information, please contact:
|OptiBiotix Health Plc
Stephen O'Hara, Chief Executive
Contact via Walbrook below
|Cairn Financial Advisers LLP
Liam Murray / Avi Robinson
|Tel: 020 7148 7900|
Claire Louise Noyce
|Tel: 020 3713 4581|
|Peterhouse Corporate Finance Ltd
Lucy Williams / Duncan Vasey
|Tel: 020 7469 0936|
|Walbrook PR Ltd
|Tel: 020 7933 8780 or [email protected]
Mob: 07876 741 001
Mob: 07900 608 002
About OptiBiotix Health PLC - www.optibiotix.com
OptiBiotix was formed in March 2012 to develop compounds which modify the human microbiome - the collective genome of the microbes in the body - to prevent and manage human disease. The aim of OptiBiotix is to discover and develop microbial strains, compounds and formulations, which modulate the human microbiome and can be used as food ingredients and supplements or active compounds for the prevention and management of human metabolic diseases, examples of which include obesity, cholesterol and lipid distribution and diabetes.
OptiBiotix has established a pipeline of microbiome modulators that can impact on lipid and cholesterol management, energy harvest and appetite suppression. The development pipeline is fuelled by its proprietary OptiScreen® and OptiBiotic® platform technologies designed to identify metabolic pathways and compounds that impact on human physiology and bring potential health benefits. These platforms are applicable across a wider range of other human diseases.
OptiBiotix Health secures significant exclusive licence agreement for OptiBiome
Stephen O'Hara | 01 Apr 2020