RNS & Investor News
Half Year Report
30 September 2021
OptiBiotix Health plc (AIM: OPTI), a life sciences business developing compounds to tackle obesity, cardiovascular disease and diabetes, announces its results for the six months ended 30 June 2021.
To view a full version of the results in
PDF format click here
- Strong first half of trading with sales of LPLDL® and SlimBiome® of £1.076m, a 44.5% increase over H1:2020
- A 59.6% increase in gross profit and 4.8% increase in gross margins
- Sales up by 57.5% in ProBiotix division to £536,225 (H1 2020: £340,429)
- Sales up by 35.6% in PreBiotics division to £539,819 (H1 2020: £398,271)
- A group net trading profit of £110,893
- A scalable business model growing sales and margins with a wide portfolio of small and large partners, pharmaceutical specialists, and established retailers building an international brand presence
- Growing sales with existing partners by extending product lines and territories
- Growing sales with large partners in key strategic markets (e.g India, China, USA)
- Commercialising next generation products including microbiome modulators (MM’s) biotherapeutics, and growing family of SweetBiotix® products
- Deals for LPLDL®/CholBiome® signed with Compson Biotechnology (Taiwan), INSCOBEE INC (South Korea) and Bioscience Marketing (Malaysia)
- Launch of SlimBiome Metablic Support on TMall in Taiwan with MaxCare
- Expansion of the Slimbiome containing products portfolio in Optipharm with the Optiman brand in July 2021
- Arrotex Pharmaceutials, Australia’s largest privately owned pharmaceutical company launched a Very Low-Calorie Diet (VLCD) weight management product featuring SlimBiome product. This is a new product range offered through pharmacies and online in Australia
- Strengthening of Board with Christopher Brinsmead CBE and Stephen Hammond MP as non-executive Directors
- René Kamminga joined as Chief Executive Officer of OptiBiotix Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of OptiBiotix Health plc
- Investment in SkinBioTherapeutics plc has increased from £8,962,564 as of 30 December 2020, to £22,948,048 as of June 30 2021
- Completion of a successful human study (awaiting publication), in volunteers taking LPLDL® in a high cholesterol patient group, showed substantive reductions in total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and Apolipoprotein B (ApoB), a biomarker increasingly linked to atherogenic risk
- OptiBiotix recognised as a key player in the global microbiome market in a number of industry reports
Stephen O’Hara, CEO of OptiBiotix, commented: “This has been another period of progress for OptiBiotix with strong sales growth and improving margins allowing the Group to build a recurring revenue base providing a foundation on which to build a profitable and valuable business. We believe new product launches in July 2021, the extension of territories with existing partners, the prospect of agreements with large partners in key strategic markets, and the growing realisation of our development pipeline, allow us to look forward with confidence to further commercial progress of the Group in the current year and beyond.
During this period, the Company made a number of additions to the board and executive team reflecting the increased focus on commercialising products with larger partners into high value strategic markets which value science, clinical studies, and intellectual property. We anticipate further additions and changes team in-line with the continued growth and expansion of the Group.
The Company is now in the strongest position it has ever been in with a strong team, large and valuable intellectual property portfolio in the rapidly growing microbiome space, multiple clinical studies showing product safety and efficacy, recurring orders, and a valuable asset in OptiBiotix’s holding in SBTX.
With industry and consumer interest in the microbiome and gut health growing OptiBiotix’s portfolio of award winning first generation and industry disruptive second-generation products places it in a strong position for future growth in this exciting area of healthcare.”
This announcement contains information which, prior to its disclosure, was considered inside information for the purposes of the UK Market Abuse Regulation and the Directors of the Company are responsible for the release of this announcement.
For further information, please contact:
|OptiBiotix Health plc||www.optibiotix.com|
|Neil Davidson, Chairman||Contact via Walbrook below|
|Stephen O'Hara, Chief Executive|
|Cairn Financial Advisers LLP (NOMAD)||Tel: 020 7213 0880|
|Liam Murray / Jo Turner / Ludovico Lazzaretti|
|Cenkos Securities plc (Broker)||Tel: 020 7397 8900|
|Callum Davidson / Neil McDonald|
|Michael Johnson / Russell Kerr (Sales)|
|Walbrook PR Ltd||Mob: 07876 741 001|
OptiBiotix Health secures significant exclusive licence agreement for OptiBiome
Stephen O'Hara | 01 Apr 2020