Final Results for 13 months to 31 December 2019
RNS & Investor News
Final Results and Notice of AGM
14 April 2016
OptiBiotix Health Plc (AIM: OPTI), a Life Sciences business developing compounds to tackle obesity, high cholesterol and diabetes, announces its audited results for the year ended 30 November 2015.
OptiBiotix continues to make progress on its strategy of developing compounds which modify the human microbiome and commercialising these through partnering with food, health & wellbeing and pharmaceutical companies.
These Results are available in PDF format.
To download please click here
- Raised £1.5m from placing of 2 million shares at 75p
- Substantive increase in the IP portfolio
- five to eleven patents
- three to eight strain registrations
- three to seven trademarks
- Human and manufacturing studies on the cholesterol supplement successfully completed
- Formation of a Scientific Advisory Group composed of international key opinion leaders
- Strengthened the Board with the appointment of Peter Wennström
- Signed four commercial agreements with Nizo, Venture Life, CSL and a large US multinational
Post-period end highlights
- Appointment of Professor Tim Spector to the Scientific Advisory Group
- Further placing to raise £1 million at 78p
- Commercial agreement signed with KSF Acquisition UK Limited (Slimfast)
- Joint venture agreement signed for SkinBiotix with the University of Manchester
- Second contract signed for the development of SweetBiotix®
- Joint product development agreement signed with Royal DSM Product Development
Stephen O'Hara, CEO of OptiBiotix commented: "I am delighted with the strong progress OptiBiotix has made in our first full year of trading on AIM. In a short space of time we have built operational capability, progressed our development programmes, built on our IP portfolio, and signed multiple commercial agreements. These agreements provide industry validation of OptiBiotix's technology platforms, make a significant financial contribution to running costs, and provide a route to market with established brand suppliers with the potential to generate multiple future revenue streams. Having validated our technology platforms during 2015 we are now extending their scope into new product and application areas to ensure a constant supply of new products entering the market and build the revenue streams of the future. On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank our investors for their support in 2015, and look forward to an exciting and rewarding 2016."
Notice of Annual General Meeting to be held on 10 May 2016
For further information, please contact:
|OptiBiotix Health Plc
Stephen O'Hara, Chief Executive
Contact via Walbrook below
|Cairn Financial Advisers LLP
|Tel: 020 7148 7900|
|Hybridan LLP (Joint Broker)
Claire Louise Noyce
|Tel: 020 3713 4581|
|Peterhouse Corporate Finance Ltd (Joint Broker)
Lucy Williams / Duncan Vasey
|Tel: 020 7469 0936|
|Walbrook PR Ltd
|Tel: 020 7933 8780 or [email protected]
Mob: 07876 741 001
Mob: 07900 608 002
About OptiBiotix Health Plc - www.optibiotix.com
OptiBiotix was formed in March 2012 to develop compounds which modify the human microbiome - the collective genome of the microbes in the body - to prevent and manage human disease. The aim of OptiBiotix is to discover and develop microbial strains, compounds and formulations, which modulate the human microbiome and can be used as food ingredients and supplements or active compounds for the prevention and management of human metabolic diseases, examples of which include obesity, cholesterol and lipid distribution and diabetes.
OptiBiotix has established a pipeline of microbiome modulators that can impact on lipid and cholesterol management, energy harvest and appetite suppression. The development pipeline is fuelled by its proprietary OptiScreen® and OptiBiotic® platform technologies designed to identify metabolic pathways and compounds that impact on human physiology and bring potential health benefits. These platforms are applicable across a wider range of other human diseases.
OptiBiotix Health secures significant exclusive licence agreement for OptiBiome
Stephen O'Hara | 01 Apr 2020