License and supply agreement with Genuine Health
RNS & Investor News
Half Yearly Report
27 August 2015
OptiBiotix Health Plc (AIM: OPTI), a Life Sciences business developing compounds to tackle obesity, high cholesterol and diabetes, announces its results for the six months ended 31 May 2015.
OptiBiotix continues to make progress on its strategy of developing compounds which modify the human microbiome and commercialising these through partnering with food, health, and wellbeing companies.
These Results are available in PDF format.
To download please click here
- The appointment of Jim Laird as Commercial Director to the Board to increase commercial capacity and capability
- The completion of preclinical studies and ethics approval received to enable human clinical studies to begin for the Company's cholesterol lowering product
- Expansion of the OptiBiotic® platform to a wider range of microbial species broadening the number of product and partner opportunities
- The filing of four new patents
- Creating a joint venture with Nizo Food Research to develop, manufacture and distribute weight management yoghurts to global markets
Post-period end highlights
- Announcement of an option agreement with a multinational consumer goods company for the cholesterol lowering product
- Strategic alliance with Venture Life
- Agreement with Spanish National Research Council
Stephen O'Hara, CEO of OptiBiotix commented: "I am delighted with the progress OptiBiotix has made since joining AIM in August 2014. In a short space of time we have moved one of our development programmes into clinical studies, progressed our sugar programme designed to create low calorie, sweet oligosaccharides to reduce chronic lifestyle disease such as heart disease, obesity and diabetes, built on our IP portfolio, and reached agreements with a number of commercial partners. During the period, we strengthened the Board with the appointment of Jim Laird, who has brought industry specific commercial and corporate expertise to the Company. I would like to thank our investors for their support since we joined AIM, and look forward to an exciting and rewarding rest of 2015."
For further information, please contact:
|OptiBiotix Health Plc
Stephen O'Hara, Chief Executive
Contact via Walbrook below
|Cairn Financial Advisers LLP (Nomad)
Liam Murray / Avi Robinson
|Tel: 020 7148 7900|
|Hybridan LLP (Joint Broker)
Claire Louise Noyce
|Tel: 020 3713 4581|
|Peterhouse Corporate Finance Ltd (Joint Broker)
Lucy Williams / Duncan Vasey
|Tel: 020 7469 0936|
|Walbrook PR Ltd
|Tel: 020 7933 8780 or
Mob: 07876 741 001
Mob: 07900 608 002
About OptiBiotix Health Plc - www.optibiotix.com
OptiBiotix was formed in March 2012 to develop compounds which modify the human microbiome - the collective genome of the microbes in the body - to prevent and manage human disease. The aim of OptiBiotix is to discover and develop microbial strains, compounds and formulations, which modulate the human microbiome and can be used as food ingredients and supplements or active compounds for the prevention and management of human metabolic diseases, examples of which include obesity, cholesterol and lipid distribution and diabetes.
OptiBiotix has established a pipeline of microbiome modulators that can impact on lipid and cholesterol management, energy harvest and appetite suppression. The development pipeline is fuelled by its proprietary OptiScreen® and OptiBiotic® platform technologies designed to identify metabolic pathways and compounds that impact on human physiology and bring potential health benefits. These platforms are applicable across a wider range of other human diseases.
OptiBiotix Health secures significant exclusive licence agreement for OptiBiome
Stephen O'Hara | 01 Apr 2020