License and supply agreement with Genuine Health
RNS & Investor News
First day of dealings on AIM
05 August 2014
OptiBiotix Health Plc (AIM: OPTI), a Life Sciences business developing compounds to tackle obesity, high cholesterol and diabetes, announces its admission to trading on AIM at 8.00am today. Dealings in the Company's ordinary shares will commence under the AIM trading symbol OPTI.
- OptiBiotix Health Plc develops compounds which modify the human microbiome - the collective genome of the microbes in the body - to prevent and manage human disease
- The Company has raised £3.3m (before expenses) by way of a placing at a price of 8p per share
- The funds will be used:
- to develop the intellectual property of OptiBiotix;
- to commercialise OptiBiotix products; and
- for general working capital purposes
- The issued share capital of the Company on Admission comprises 71,754,534 new ordinary shares of 2 pence each, giving the Company a market capitalisation of approximately £6 million
- Cairn Financial Advisers is the Company's nominated adviser; Peterhouse Corporate Finance is broker
- OptiBiotix's AIM trading symbol is OPTI and ISIN code is GB00BP0RTP38
About OptiBiotix - www.optibiotix.com
OptiBiotix was formed in March 2012 to develop compounds which modify the human microbiome - the collective genome of the microbes in the body - to prevent and manage human disease.
The aim of OptiBiotix is to discover and develop microbial strains, compounds and formulations, which modulate the human microbiome and can be used as food ingredients and supplements or active compounds for the prevention and management of human metabolic diseases, examples of which include obesity, cholesterol and lipid distribution and diabetes.
OptiBiotix has established a pipeline of microbiome modulators that can impact on lipid and cholesterol management, energy harvest and appetite suppression. The development pipeline is fuelled by its proprietary OptiScreen® and OptiBiotic® platform technologies designed to identify metabolic pathways and compounds that impact on human physiology and bring potential health benefits. These platforms are applicable across a wider range of other human diseases.
Commenting, Stephen O'Hara, Chief Executive, said:
"The science behind the human microbiome, particularly how changes to the way microbes work in our bodies can impact our health, presents a huge opportunity for us to address many widely experienced diseases and a chance to significantly improve lives worldwide. We are at the frontline of research into using microbiome science to tackle weight related health problems and this move to AIM provides us with the support we need to advance our pipeline of products that support and sustain weight loss and reduce lipid and cholesterol levels."
For further information, please contact:
|OptiBiotix Health Plc
Stephen O'Hara, Chief Executive
Contact via Walbrook below
|Cairn Financial Advisers LLP
Liam Murray / Avi Robinson
|+44 (0)20 7148 7900|
|Peterhouse Corporate Finance Ltd
Lucy Williams / Duncan Vasey
|Tel: 020 7469 0936|
|Walbrook PR Ltd||Tel: 020 7933 8780 or
|Mob: 07980 541 893
Mob: 07876 741 001
OptiBiotix Health secures significant exclusive licence agreement for OptiBiome
Stephen O'Hara | 01 Apr 2020